Special Education Programs
Total Student Population within Our District = 732
Total Student Population Identified as Eligible for Special Education = 110
- Specific Learning Disability
- Speech/Language Impairment
- Other Health Impairment
- Emotional Disturbance
- Mental Retardation
- Hearing Impairment
- Orthopedic Impairment
- Multiple Disabilities
- Visual Impairment
- Traumatic Brain Injury
The School District offers a variety of special education programs to provide a continuum of services, including:
- Resource: Students receive core instruction within the general education classroom with a extra support from special education.
- Itinerant: Teachers and Related Service Professionals with special training in specific areas of need and/or disability provide direct and consultative services to students and their teachers.
- Intensive: Students receive core instruction in both special and general education classrooms, depending on their needs, skills, and abilities.
- Specialized Programs: Students receive targeted supports for their disability within both special and general education classrooms, depending on their needs, skills, and abilities.
- Private Placements: Alternative Special Education Schools provide even more specialized programs for some students whose needs are greater than what can be provided within a public school setting.
Related Services Support Students School Success
- School Nurses
- School Counselors
- School Psychologists
- Social Workers
- Speech & Language Pathologists
- Adaptive Physical Education Teachers
- Occupational & Physical Therapists
- Autism Specialists
- Visual Impairment Specialists
- Hearing Impairment Specialists
- Physically Handicapped Specialists
- Assistive Technology Consultants
- Vocational and Community Training